Can dental crowns give you the smile you deserve? A dental crown is also known to many as a dental cap and is a cover that we put over an existing tooth. This Crown intends to restore the affected tooth to its original shape so that it can function as if it’s one of your natural teeth.
Why do I need a crown?
There are several reasons you may consider, or be offered, and Dental Crown. A few of these reasons include:
- You just had a Root Canal,
- A Bridge that fills a gap between two healthy teeth
- As a “Tooth” after a Dental Implant Procedure
- To cover a cracked or otherwise damaged tooth
- To cover a cavity that is too big for a filling alone
- To cover a Cosmetically affected natural tooth
What materials are Crowns made of?
According to the American Dental Association, “Crowns are made from several types of materials. Metal Alloys, ceramic porcelain, composite resin, or a combination of these materials may be used.”
It is the goal here at Hunsaker Dental to create a Crown that closely resembles the natural color of your existing teeth so that no one will be able to tell that you have had any dental work done! In addition to creating a crown that looks like a natural tooth, it is also our goal to create a crown that will best stand up to your day-to-day living. There are many materials available to you to use for your Dental Crown, and we are excited to work with you to offer you the best material for you and your lifestyle, creating a tooth that will both look amazing and function even better.
How is a Crown Placed?
There are several steps involved when placing a dental crown. In fact, these steps often require two separate dental visits, although we can offer you a same-day dental crown solution as well! The steps to placing this dental crown include;
- Hunsaker prepares the tooth.
- An Impression is made of your mouth
- A Temporary Crown is made
- The Lab will make your crown
- Hunsaker will place the final dental crown in your mouth
Caring for your new Dental Crown
Once you have your new dental crown, you will want to take care of your new crown to avoid damage. A few things that you can do daily to maximize the life of your dental crown include;
- Brush and Floss twice each day
- Use oral care products that are recommended by Dr. Travis Hunsaker
- Avoid chewing hard foods such as ice
- Avoid chewing on hard non-food items, such as pens
- Stay committed to your regularly scheduled cleanings
With proper cleaning and taking care not to be careful with your dental crown, you can expect years upon years of trouble-free use of your dental crown! For more information about how a dental crown can improve your life, please reach out to us here at Hunsaker Dental so you can schedule a consultation today! Can Dental Crowns Give You the Smile You Deserve?